Sportsmanship and PK Lannista

Age of Mythology Discussion Forum.
boxers

Sportsmanship and PK Lannista

Unread postby boxers » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:55 pm

i believe thats how you spell his name... Im just here to vent that i played 2 games with this guy last night, Really nice and polite, but the irritating thing was that he dropped 2x in a row out of a teamgame (resulting in my loss) :cry: :cry:
Which really ignited a tiny little altercation which has me thinking about Sportsmanship. Both these games were 3x3 me and lannista teamed up the first game he dropped and the second we got matched by Random Teams. The first game we had a player who was really angry to lose the point because of Lannista and rightfully so it is very irritating he ended up venting towards me rather angrily given we were both wearing PK tags I explained it was a connection issue and it was an accident. we tried to save the game (which 3v3 we would have won given the boom and the scored me and this mystery player possesed) We were then flammed and called noobs by our opponents without any provocation besides me calling it poor sportsmanship because they would not whatsoever save the game after his drop, Mystery guy was stating the very same case aswell

This very same player was playing AGAINST us the second game. When lannista dropped i begged for them to save because losing twice because of the same exact person dropping from my team is super lame. This mystery guy complained acting like he was a victim because of the first game refusing to save. I am proud to be a player who displays moderate to good sportmanship, I say moderate because even tho i would always save or re-host and what not in any game that was clearly unfair, and especially in a case where someone dropped out if the game was barely clear on who will achieve victory, I may not like doing it but i do it because it is right and if that situation happened to me that other players would offer the same for me.

It is not lannistas fault this happened but i would have to say im very reluctant to play with him...
I just hope all of PK shows kindness and mercy to all players out of respect, we have to be a clan that is better than the rest that is fair and fun, PK's members are becoming a lot better players (the clan does have its little "groups' and some members seem to be left out from a lot of these players things).

Anyways guys im just venting over these rude people that made my play experience very horrible last night, And this game would be a lot better if people cared, helped, and respected other people. Thanks for reading my Venting :)

Chicks
Network Admin

Re: Sportsmanship and PK Lannista

Unread postby Chicks » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 pm

That's unfortunate. However If the match was not in the opponents favor when Lannista dropped you may post both games in the complaint section of Voobly to have them reset.

boxers

Unread postby boxers » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:50 am

Yeah, the points are not that big of a deal, i would rather have them dont get me wrong. My frusteration is more just the unsportmanlike conduct of many players on aomt, they sap the fun from the game a lot of the time and in the end can deter players from playing aomt in general, the bad seeds can ruin a persons perception of the game by being lame like this.

Jollyman

Unread postby Jollyman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 am

It can get annoying because the online population is quite low, but if people are not saving you just gotta no play with them again. People are cunts you can't do much about it.

As for lannista it sucks he dropped a lot and really that will just result in people not playing with him as well.
It’s so easy to let go
When you’ve got nothing to lose
But you gave us everything
Now you’re gone
(Now you’re gone)

It’s not easy to let go
You were the strength in everyone
And lights exploded in the sky
As you sparkled and faded away

And I will wait a lifetime
To see you smile again
And maybe on the otherside
We will reconnect
Did you know you were loved?
I should’ve let you know

Mirez
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Mirez » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 am

I've always been amazed by the kind of behaviour some people show when some pixel generated points are on the line.

Jollyman

Unread postby Jollyman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 am

Mirez wrote:I've always been amazed by the kind of behaviour some people show when some pixel generated points are on the line.
Not looking at anyone in particular Brazil.

Yea it's so fucking sad however when stuff is anonymous and behind a computer screen a person true self really shows. I would always save when people drop/ had to go etc. Why? because I'm a pretty nice guy and I care about other people. The people I get along with alone I know that in real life they will be exceptionally good people.

Someone like Cryplex who isn't necessarily a bad guy, but online he's just out to boost his ego and troll everyone else. Maybe in real life he's half decent guy has some slightly obnoxious traits yardy ya.

I mean I look at myself online, overall I try be considerate so on and so forth but when people come in between me and PK clan or they start treating me unfairly I kinda go crazy.

I'm like this in real life a pretty calm chilled guy and only a few times in my life have I go rage mode on a few people (online more often because it's easier to show your true colours). I still remember when these guys were shit talking my mates and then he pushed my mate and a fight started to break out. I ran in straight away before the guy even started swinging smashed him in the face then threw his face down onto my knee. I dunno what happened but someone was coming between me and my mate and I was like fuck that shit nigger.

Same shit happened with Velite and I on RTS-S when he started taking the mick out of PK. I flamed and raged for weeks sending PMs almost everyday to the Staff and causing a massive fuss. I basically said if you don't sort this shit out I will give this site zero integrity and make your (the staff) life hell. Ironically Hells came back from Holiday and sorted the other Staff out. I think they got sick of having to delete topics and posts continuously through the day.
It’s so easy to let go
Now you’re gone
(Now you’re gone)

It’s not easy to let go

To see you smile again
We will reconnect
I should’ve let you know

Mirez
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Mirez » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Velite pissed me of a great deal as well. Same goes for goldenaxe but he changed his hate from PK clan to me lol

Jollyman

Unread postby Jollyman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Mirez wrote:Velite pissed me of a great deal as well. Same goes for goldenaxe but he changed his hate from PK clan to me lol
Cube is alright tbh. He's just difficult to gage sometimes.
It’s so easy to let go
Now you’re gone
(Now you’re gone)

It’s not easy to let go

To see you smile again
We will reconnect
I should’ve let you know

boxers

Unread postby boxers » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:09 am

I just take all bad behavior as a cry for help, there is at least some thing wrong with the person in question. Velite obviously had some personal problems his sickness or whatever.. Everyones gaming experience could be a lot better if people had respect and went by a simple gaming code of conduct..

Some people may feel 'famous' on aotsanctuary by getting a bunch of publicity or whatnot by posting jokes or putting others down, just like in middle school with bullies or whores, they act out to get attention

Tribulation

Unread postby Tribulation » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Aye yei yei...
Yes, some people are so frigging awesomely unsporty, it gets so irritating...
I needEd to get the door, so I paused the game, And after my return 3 minutes later, found that he killed both my centaurs by unpausing...Auto resign.

3 minutes later, i got tied to him in a team game(rated)...I was possy, so I just went FM and earthquaked his base... then deleted all my buildings and farms, walled his trade, boxed in his forward base, walled in all of my safe TCs and resigned.... oh the satisfaction!