LOKI small guide by me

Age of Mythology Discussion Forum.
THEONE

LOKI small guide by me

Unread postby THEONE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 pm

will
I am a Loki player and I know that this is not the best guide for Loki but just wanted it to be my first topic and show you guys how I play
first is the strategy>>
LOKI rush
everyone know that Loki is a good rusher and other players hate Loki rush
for me I do a hersir rush
will for me i don't rush GREEKS or EGY I only rush ATLANTEANS and NORSE
so here is my build order for hersir Loki rush>>
upgrade hunting dogs
ulfsark make house
2 vill on food
scout with ulfsark
1 vill on gold 1 ox 1 vill on gold
1 vill wood on a one tree near TC
1 dwarf gold
1 vill food
1 vill wood on a one tree near TC
1 dwarf gold
2 vill food
then make a temple not very near to the enemy base it is a bad idea and not near your base
then 1 ox and move your 2 vill on wood to a bigger tree group with ox
then make 1 dwarf gold
then go classical through foresti
then micro hersir from temple
then with ulfsark make house near temple then make him scout and put spy on vell that is golding
then when reach classical at maybe on marsh 4:19 make 1 barracks then micro hersir from barracks, micro dwarfs from TC and let them gold and develop the gold axe
when have 5 dwarf on gold move 2 dwarf to wood and move 2 vill on wood to hunt
so 3 dwarf on gold and getting more from TC 2 dwarf wooding and 2 vill wooding 9 vill hunting
when have 4 hersir attack his vill cause hersir rush = rapping and taking out his resources and villagers
then when have wood upgrade hall of thanes and rapp
soon enemy will be having no resources and will resign.
P.S:if you feel weak and he counter your rush good
then you go back to a TC and build it then just defend, rapp him and go heroic then you can make battle boar party because of too much gold and favor from attacking him and then you can end him and strike
P.S:if he had a tower development early you must make sure that you have ENHIRJAR with you by attacking his little army or villagers and then hersir wil support ENHIRJAR, attack his watch towers it will be faster to destroy his 4 towers with ENHIRJAR than with only some hersir
P.S: time is important if you gave him time to get resources if he is atlnatean then you have a problem
LOKI 2 TC
now many of us will say (what loki will have a 2 TC before 9 min or 8 min)will I will say YES Loki is good for economy or norse is good for economy cause they have dwarfs and villagers
so when I VS a Greek player I have two tactics this is the first one which is 2 TC
and this is my build order>>
upgrade hunting dogs
ulfsark make house
3 vill on food
scout with ulfsark
1 vill on gold 1 ox 1 vill on gold
1 vill on wood 1 ox 1 vill on wood
1 dwarf gold
1 vill food
1 dwarf gold
1 vill wood
then make another ulfsark and make him make another 3 houses near the first house better all four houses be covering a tower
2 dwarfs on gold
then 2 vill on food
when ulfsark done with houses let him make 2 temples near a TC
2 vill on wood
then move 2 vill on gold to wood
1 dwarf on gold
so 8 vill hunting 5 dwarfs golding 7 vill wooding
get gold axe and wood axe upgrades
then go classical through FORESTI and make TC micro dwarf on gold
when other ulfsark done scouting enough make him go to enemy base and make spy
and then when ulfsark is done for the 2 temples you can micro hersir from two temples
then when reach classical at will on marsh 5:59 you will have good resources to make TC so make ulfsark build 3 barracks and hersirs make the TC and then after making the TC make 1 temple micro hersir then make the second TC micro vill on wood and that's it you have TC at 8 min I know it is a late time BUT if the other player is doing another TC like you it won't be slow cause Greek is known with their 2 TC tactic
then when you are ready just defend make good economy build towers near your TC and just rapp him with your hersir after upgrading them with hall of thanes and make some raiding cavalry just let hersir attack his gold and cavalry attack his food you will be able to get his villagers easily because of spy then you may just go heroic with good economy and strike
P.S: if he attacked you early with maybe centaur and hero only you will have maybe 4 hersir so make 2 hersir attack his little army and he will retreat to his second TC or if he attacked badly maybe you'll have one barrack done soo make throwingaxemen or cavalry and just defend soon your TC will deffend you
LOKI FH
many of us know that FH is an egy tactic or maybe an Isis tactic will I think that FH is a thing that any major god can do but you need right timing and right resources upgrades
I do a FH when I VS a med egy player or a egy player that I know that he will go FH
and here is my build order>>
my build order is same one that i do for 2 TC BUT when it's time to move my vill from gold to wood
I move them from gold to food then I don't make another TC I just make 1 temple make 2 hersir to carry relics and make some walls and wait untill I go heroic I usually go heroic at maybe will on marsh at 8:15 then I go through bragi then develop my cavalry and make 3 barracks, another temple and make another TC or i even dont make one i make only if my enemy made another TC then when i have 3 hersir, 10 raiding cav, 5 throwingaxemane I just attack him and make the bragi god power(flaming weapons) and strike him he would have 5 chariot,1 elephent and 2 siege towers maybee soo I take his army down and just attack his TC and I won the game
my LOKI usual play
this is my second tactic VS Greeks I use this tactic as my backup tactic and my usual tactic remember when I said that I make another TC will if the enemy attacked me and the attack was serious I just delete my second TC and make my hersir defend then make barracks and make a army
I use this tactic when I just VS a Greek player or a egy player that does not go FH
this is my build order>>
it is the same build order for my 2 TC but I don't build another TC I just build my temple in my base and just after classical i make army and attack
this is a good tactic if you are VSing a greek rusher or a oranos player that you dont want to rush him
soo just build at your base and develop towers and defend make good army and strike
this is how to watch recorded games because i left some recorded games for you guys so>>
first install the attachment folders to >>Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Savegame
then start the game go to MORE then RECORDED GAMES
then load the recorded game
so that's it
my recorded games is VS a PC not VS a player because I just wanted to show you guys that these tactics are 100% by me THE ONE and I do them at every game

here is some word explaining
egy=egyption
loki=one of the best major gods
FH=fast heroic which is less than 10 min
build order=the order of the vill making in the game or units
TC=town center

soo i hope you like this guys i know there might be some mistakes but just showing you guys how i play<< :grin: :grin:
Attachments
Recorded Game 1.rcx
FH
did some mistakes but got em under 12 min and he was easy PC not hard
(41.28 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Recorded Game 1.rcx
loki 2 TC
could win him faster but just wanted to show you guys how good is this tactic
(73.97 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Recorded Game 5.rcx
hersir rush win under 10 min
(41.93 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by THEONE on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Chicks
Network Admin

Re: LOKI small guide by me

Unread postby Chicks » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Wow! Nice job really i must say you put in alot of effort.

I tend to choose Loki when my opponent is Oranos mainly because hersair counter everything or/neutrel to all attlantean units in classical. Especially the myth unit spam nothing beats it if you kill the heroes with your hersair.

A nice thought out guide cheers!

THEONE

Unread postby THEONE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm

thnx :grin: it is not the best just a bit tall :sweat: :sweat: but it is easy and good enough for new loki players :tooth: :tooth:
Image Image Image

Chicks
Network Admin

Unread postby Chicks » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:15 pm

I did download the games and will be watching tonight :P

THEONE

Unread postby THEONE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 pm

woow chicks watcing my games :omg: :omg:
will they are VS a PC :dizzy: :tooth:
but thnx :)
Image Image Image

BoIt

Unread postby BoIt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:23 am

Couple of things.
Loki's best strategy is a universal strategy and it's called the HoT Hersir Raid.

PART A: THE SET-UP
Build Order:
4 vills hunt (Hunting dogs)
1 vills gold
1 ox cart gold
1 vill gold
1 vill wood
1 ox cart wood
1 vill wood
(house)
1 dwarf gold
3 vills food
1 dwarfs gold
(temple)
2 vills wood
You can go for 7 food 5 wood 5 gold if you have a more safe map but 4:30 is a good timing to advance at
Advance (buy pickaxe and handaxe)
AQ hersir from your temple
In classical age
AQ dwarfs to gold
Build 2 long houses and AQ hersir from them
Buy Hall of Thanes as soon a you have the favor/wood from your temple.

When you have 10 dwarfs on gold keep building dwarfs but send them to herdables rather than gold.

PART B: Strategic differentials

THE SEMI-FH
IF you are going for a semi-fh flaming weapons timing, stop building hersir when you have 10 grab an armory and go heroic. You should be able to hit heroic at 10:30 by the latest. When you are advancing to the heroic age build whatever you can afford. Prioritize hersir -> RC -> throwing axeman. Also purchase pierce armour from the armoury.

The aim of the semi-fh flaming weapons timing is to hit their second gold mine expansion and gold starve them.

If you gold starve them then you've won. If you did significant damage then grab 2 TCs and boom hard. You should be ahead. If you did not damage... probably is time to resign :(

When should I do this variant ?
Opponent FH's
Opponent is turtling (being very passive)

MAX-OUT CLASSICAL STYLE
IF opponent is being very aggressive mix in raiding cavalry as well as your hersir. Try to not engage unless you have pop space so that your myth units will spawn OR are at 115/115 pop.

The aim of maxing out in RC and hersir is so that you can attack from two different angles and surround the opposing army for the win. Attacking from two different angles means you can surround their army so that they can't retreat, you can retreat easily to all directions because you are on the outside and have speedy units and surrounding their army means you have the most surface area to deal damage thus the higher damage out-put thus you will more than likely win the fight. A fully popped norse army is stronger than all other armies when fighting in the right location.

SEMI-FM

There are a few different ways to do this.
1) Do the SEMI-FH but instead of continuing to build army, build a market and trade resources to get the 1000f/1000g and jump straight to mythic age.
2) Do the MAX-OUT CLASSICAL STYLE but instead of continuning to build units when you go heroic, simply just go straight to mythic.

Why do this?
Your opponent has an unattackable second gold mine so a FW timing attack would be suicidal...

PART C: Which gods should I choose?
Against Greek, Eggy, and Atty

Archaic: LOKI! >:)
Classical: Forseti
Heroic: Bragi
Mythic: Hel (if they have ceasefire or bolt then you should choose tyr)

Against Norse
Archaic: Loki
Classical: If they have an exposed gold mine you can do a heimdal rush... but the above strategy works completely fine so by all means go forseti and play normaly.
Heroic: Bragi (100%)
Mythic: Tyr if they have frost and you want to hit a timing attack, Hel is probably more valuable in 95% of situations though.

I will add some links to recorded games when I can find them, until then just try it out! :P
Last edited by BoIt on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

THEONE

Unread postby THEONE » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:52 am

YA whatever
first this is not your guide i think :._.:
second thnx for posting :bomb: :bomb:
third plzz make your own topic :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
fourth nice guide it is useful but FH at 10:30 will at that time egy player will be at your base having a party before you know and your guide is for pro players that know these things but my post is for noobs or noobs+++ :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Image Image Image

BoIt

Unread postby BoIt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 am

Sorry, I thought this was just an in general place to post stuff about Loki for people to read...

Even players who are new at this game can run with the strategy I wrote out and be fairly successful so it's for noobs :P

The eco is easy to manage, you only need to produce one (or two) units. Other than that you just need to run around with hersir and kill all of the villagers!

@Eggy being at my base partying... They won't be able to build a migdol outside their base because you have their gold villagers spied as well as 10 hersir running around. If they decide to case A.E while building a migdol at their outer gold you will kill their a.e, gain a bunch of favor and a few MU summons without losing any units because you have super strong heroes.

The only option for an FHing Eggy is to build a migdol at home where loki can't harass, and mass an army in their base. If they try and run out of their base your hersir will be faster than their units so that you can pick them off without losing any of your own. Then you will hit heroic at around 10-10:30 where he will have his home gold mine exhausted and he wil move out and and attempt to build a migdol by his second gold mine which you will flaming weapons and win the game at.

EASY PEASY! :D
Last edited by BoIt on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

THEONE

Unread postby THEONE » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 am

will never mind what i said you are right
thnx for posting :noway:
i was angry xD :flame:
Image Image Image

Puha Kid

Unread postby Puha Kid » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 am

Wow nice guide :D. Why is it that u dont rush eggy? just wandering haha sorry if nooby question