Just need a little help guys :P

Age of Empires II Discussion Forum.
SouthPark

Just need a little help guys :P

Unread postby SouthPark » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:37 am

I can usually get a good score in AOE2 gameplay! The problem is I've seen people way out boom me and just need some clarification. I will make a list.

1. How important is it to make a town center asap when you hit fortress?

2. It seems you can make unlimited vills but as the game goes on I find that room becomes limited after I have so many!

3. How do you show game time on windows 8?

4. I really like the "Slavs" right now that is my civ of choice so if someone who make a good boomy strat and a rush strat or show me a link to the one you feel is good that would be really really helpful! thx!

My elo right now on steam is 1634.

Any additional information about how to improve my game play would greatly be appreciated! thx!

Halt

Re: Just need a little help guys :P

Unread postby Halt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 am

SouthPark wrote:I can usually get a good score in AOE2 gameplay! The problem is I've seen people way out boom me and just need some clarification. I will make a list.

1. How important is it to make a town center asap when you hit fortress?

2. It seems you can make unlimited vills but as the game goes on I find that room becomes limited after I have so many!

3. How do you show game time on windows 8?

4. I really like the "Slavs" right now that is my civ of choice so if someone who make a good boomy strat and a rush strat or show me a link to the one you feel is good that would be really really helpful! thx!

My elo right now on steam is 1634.

Any additional information about how to improve my game play would greatly be appreciated! thx!
1. I don't understand your question.
2. You can't make unlimited villagers.
3. I think the hotkey is F11, I recommend changing it to P.
4. To boom, do your standard FC strategy, there is a guide in this forum. Once castle, throw down 2 TC's and research the lumbercamp upgrade. If you don't have the resources, use the market to get them. Make a 4th TC and research wheelbarrow and pump vills from all 4 TC's by pressing HCHCHCHCHCHC, get hand cart and other economy upgrades. This is how to boom in a nutshell. For more details, look at the Fimp guide.

SouthPark

Unread postby SouthPark » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:20 am

The mechanics are different than AOE3 but now I'm almost 1700 XD. I've watched some youtube vids are learned some helpful stuff about the game. The hotkeys are different than the original AOE2 right? I never really played the original AOE2 lol

Halt

Unread postby Halt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:05 am

Yes, the original AoE2 has different default hotkeys than AoE2HD, I had to manually change all of them.