RTS-Sanctuary 2013 Holiday Tournament

Age of Mythology Discussion Forum.
hellsravage

RTS-Sanctuary 2013 Holiday Tournament

Unread postby hellsravage » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:58 pm

[center]2013 Age of Titans Holiday Tournament[/center]
[center]Hosted by RTS-Sanctuary[/center]

The holidays are a great time for everyone to kick back, relax, and play their favorite RTS game. Each year, we try and capitalize on this increased activity by throwing a tournament over December and January where many players are able to come back and play some games, especially those inactive experts.

So without further ado, RTS-Sanctuary staff will be hosting the largest tournament of the year. The tournament will have cash prizes, provide the recorded games the community wants, but most of all an opportunity for everyone in the community to join in and play. I hope everyone can make it and participate, as you all know how successful these large tournaments have been in the past. I stress the importance of reading the following as there are many new guidelines

Schedule of Events
  • November 10th-November 24th- Players will register for the tournament
  • November 25th-December 1- Week 1 of Group Play
  • December 2-December 8th- Week 2 of Group Play
  • December 9th-December 15th- Week 1 of Bracket play
  • December 16th-December 22nd- Week 2 of Bracket Play(Quarterfinals)
  • December 23rd - December 29th - Semifinals**
  • January 3rd- January 9th
**- the week of Christmas and New Years may be difficult to schedule games for the semifinalists, so this will be taken into consideration.

Secondly, this schedule is subject to change, insofar as it may run longer depending on how many players register.

There will be a forum provided for scheduling games as well as posting the recorded games(which will show on the front page). Players will be attempted to be pooled depending upon their GMT

Structure of Tournament

Group Play

- The first two weeks of the tournament will be in group play format - 5 players in each group. These pools will be organized by seed.
- Each player is expected to play vs 2 opponents within the group each of the two weeks of group play.
- Players who schedule and play their 2 matches per week will receive 2 bonus points per week. This is the equivalent of winning two extra games.
- Players will face each opponent in a 2 GAME SERIES for a total of 8 GAMES within group play.
-Hypothetically, a player could play all of his 8 games on the last day of group play, but he will not receive any bonus points, to clarify.
-The top 2 players from each group will advance.

Players will receive:
  • 2 points for a win
  • 0 points for a loss
Bracket Play

- Players will be placed into brackets by seed.
- Players will face off against 1 opponent per round in a BEST OF 3 series.

Semifinals and Finals-

Semifinals will remain Best of 3 while the Finals will become a Best of 5 series. The only difference between these games and the rest of the tournament is that it is subject to be scheduled with the assistance of BoIt so that he may cast the games for the whole community to watch.

Map and God Format
  • You may NOT use the same god in back-to-back games. This means in group play you must play 2 different gods, and in bracket play you may only play the same god in Games 1 and 3(and in the finals Game 5) if you wish to do so. I know some players who play 1 god feel at a disadvantage by this format, but it is what I believe is the best way to provide the community with the most variety of recorded games while still giving those the chance to play their best god in a deciding game 3.
  • There are no gods of dispute in this tournament. If you can't resolve this issue and constantly try tocounterciv each other I hereby announce you carumba and banish you from all future tournaments.
  • All games will be played Random Map. Each match a player receives 1 veto which he can use within the first minute of a game.
  • There is absolutely no cheating tolerated, obviously
Prizes and other Notes:

-There will be cash prize with a finalized amount at the beginning of group play. But more importantly bragging rights.
-There will be casting of tournament games and there is potential for commentating if those wish to do so will contact me.
- All RTS-Sanctuary AoM/AoT Staff will be taking part in moderating this tournament, so those are the people you should contact for any administrative concerns or disputes.

How to Sign-Up:

Please post on RTS-Sanctuary along with any other comments you may have with the following:

Voobly Name:
GMT:
I agree that ignorance of the rules is not a defense:

There is no max number of registrants and everyone is welcome.

I am looking forward to seeing everybody participate, and as always, good luck.

Mirez
Staff
Staff

Re: RTS-Sanctuary 2013 Holiday Tournament

Unread postby Mirez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Would compete but I'm in south africa during the holidays.

Huggah

Unread postby Huggah » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Ah, going to SA means either one of two things, you're pursuing a rugby career or HIV. Now which one is it?

Mirez
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Mirez » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 am

Visiting my girlfriend, she's doing an internship there.