My History as a PK Clan Member

Age of Mythology Discussion Forum.
Demonoid

My History as a PK Clan Member

Unread postby Demonoid » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:30 am

Inspired by the recent threads about how people came about joining the clan, I decided to type up my story.

So there I was, in 7th grade, summer of 2009. I had just played Halo Trial for PC for the entire summer of my 6th grade summer (2008), and I decided that for my 7th grade summer, I was going to play some old games. So I found my Age of Mythology disk, but alas! I had only disk 2 and could not play the game. Then, a couple of days later, I remembered the site called thepiratebay. Such a wonderful site for many wonderful torrents. I torrented AoT and began to mess around on gameranger, after my old ESO account (cattycorner) didn't work. After playing a few games, I met this guy named Vaga on gameranger, just playing in a match. I had always had this urge to join a clan for some reason, so I asked Vaga if I could join. He made me play against some guy (onotole? oookoolooko? I'm not sure who, the guy had a lot of "o"s in his name) in an Oranos mirror. I remember Vaga telling me to "put down a palace" so I built three, and Vaga was like "lol". Vaga was on ventrilo (He had a vent server competing with Chick's) and coaching me by observing the game. It was as a result of Vaga that I chose Oranos as my main god. So after I beat Vaga's teammate 1v1, Vaga asked me to join the {PK} [R] clan. I joined up, and played AoT for a solid week.

After a few days, I met this guy on gameranger, his ID was PlayinChicks, with all of these weird characters instead of actual letters. He messaged me, asking why I had joined the [R] clan, and I instantly messaged Vaga asking what I should do. Vaga told me that Chicks was the fake clan leader, and that Vaga was the real clan leader of PK. After I told Chicks this, Chicks laughed and said that I was retarded. After that, a few days passed. I saw this guy, PlayinChicks, online again, and started talking to him on gameranger private message. Vaga and Chicks made up, and they reformed the PK clan into one big family. My name became {PK} DeMoNoId [E-1]. Our rank system was like the military's, where the lowest rank was [E-1] and the highest was [E-10]. I soon achieved a rank of [E-3] and met a certain member of the clan named Clown.

Now Clown was an intellectual, someone I could relate to. Clown and I became fast friends, and we still are good friends to this very day. The Ventrilo server was capped at 15, and the entire clan had about 8 active members. I played so often that my parents would almost have to drag me off of the computer. As I became more and more involved in the clan, I collaborated with Clown late one night to create a {PK} website. Using some free website creator, Clown and I created a decent site, and created quite a lot of clan activity. Then, a person named Swift joined the clan. Swift was a good recruit, almost as good as Chicks! He too, played Oranos. Unfortunately, Swift did not have a microphone, and I was unable to talk to him. Still, I welcomed him as a valued addition to the clan.

That all changed one Friday night. I began my daily gaming session by trying to log into the PK website. There was nothing there. I messaged Clown frantically, asking him where the forum went. He somberly told me that Swift, who was granted administrator access, had deleted the forum. Swift then confessed that he was actually Vaga, and was smurfing to troll us. Thus began my many years long hatred of Vaga.

The summer ended, and I cut off most of my activity from the clan. In fact, I rarely played PC games at all as I got into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. That game was the shit in 7th and 8th grade. So the year passed. The next summer, I played AoT for about 2 weeks, then did other things. My activity was next to nothing. I graduated middle school, and moved up to high school.

The summer after my freshman year (2011), I relogged onto Gameranger, and my love affair with AoT was reborn. This time, there were many new faces in the clan, and many old faces failed to resurface. Fortunately, my oldest clan friend, Clown, was still active. My love for AoT was so great, that when I travelled to a debate camp at Stanford, I played AoT almost every night at the hotels and motels that we stayed at, using the worst internet imaginable. It was during this summer that PK clan got a real website, and made some much needed renovations to the clan structure. The old [E-X] system was abandoned, and I became {PK} DeMoNoId. Clown and Chicks had a disagreement over various issues, and Clown left the clan. I too left the clan for a while, joining the same clan that Clown moved over to, the bMF clan. I was never really active with that clan, and was happy when Clown and I returned to PK. If you want info over the fight, just google the old forum posts. They’re on the gameranger forums. Thus the summer passed. I once again went inactive as the school year started.

The next summer, the summer after sophomore year (2012), marked the period in which my love for the game really took off. I played daily, yet somehow stayed at the same ~1650ish level. The clan basically stayed the same, the website was updated, but there were no major changes. The summer passed, but a new trend occurred. I did not go inactive as the school year started, and instead decided to fuck my grades and keep on playing AoT during the school year. It was during this time that my name changed to its current form of [PK] Demonoid. Classy. Then junior year started.

Junior year was a great experience, but it went by so quickly. The gaming was great, and I really enjoyed spending my time with the PK clan. I think THEONE and a few others joined the clan sometime during my junior year (this past school year) or maybe last summer. Anyway, during junior year, I became disillusioned with AoT. I felt that the game was so imbalanced that I shouldn’t even play it anymore. So I went off searching for a new game, and after weeks of deliberation, decided to buy Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. I was always a little scared of buying a starcraft game due to the huge learning curve. I played the game for a little over a month, got to gold league, and decided to move back to AoT. Playing a game like Starcraft 2 was challenging, but I felt that it taught me a lot about how RTS games should work. Playing a new game like Starcraft broke me out of the monotony of AoT and made me reevaluate my playing style. Now, I feel like I’m playing better, or at least have the tools to learn how to play better, and I am really finding a lot more enjoyment out of playing AoT. So much so that I haven’t even touched Starcraft in a few months.

Now, with the new tournament starting, and the advent of PK streams, I know that my time at PK is just getting started.

Kyomaku

Re: My History as a PK Clan Member

Unread postby Kyomaku » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:50 am

A few questions to your history.

Whats junior year?
Why do you get annoyed by how imbalanced AoT is in the first place? Those imbalances are in your favor as you play Oranos, one of the strongest gods.
What did you learn through Starcraft, that allows you to get better now?

THEONE

Unread postby THEONE » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:32 am

What a great history. Your memory is amazing, you can remember details of your past, which is amazing!
Image Image Image

Greco...

Unread postby Greco... » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:07 am

All these recent posts are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Demonoid

Unread postby Demonoid » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm

RnR_Sphinx0ron wrote:A few questions to your history.

Whats junior year?
Why do you get annoyed by how imbalanced AoT is in the first place? Those imbalances are in your favor as you play Oranos, one of the strongest gods.
What did you learn through Starcraft, that allows you to get better now?
Junior year is the third year of high school, also known as 11th grade. Freshman year = 9th grade. Sophomore year = 10th grade. Junior = 11th grade. Senior = 12th grade.

In terms of imbalances, I thought that it was simply impossible for Oranos to beat Isis. It is still my hardest matchup, but I'm getting a little better at playing against Egyptian in general.

In Starcraft, through playing and watching streams, I learned how the player can really control his economy. Before playing starcraft, I would autoqueue turma and murmillo for 15 mins and wonder why I could never go Heroic. Now I know that at some point, I actually have to stop production and save resources lol. Also, the emphasis Starcraft has on mechanics made my mechanics a ton better. I have higher APM, I rarely get popped blocked, and my micro is better. I think I just needed something to break me out of my AoT rut.

Vaga
Network Admin
Network Admin

Unread postby Vaga » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:00 am

it wasn't swift it was talon :noway: that website was gohd awefull it was a mercy killing :noway:
Grafix Shop hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm Saturday 11:00am-7:00pm. Closed Sundays

[center]Image[/center]

[center]H2O vs Nagayumi[/center]
[center]Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 Game 4 Game 5 Game 6 Game 7[/center]

Halt

Unread postby Halt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 pm

This story got me hard

Goldenwonder

Unread postby Goldenwonder » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:23 pm

as an idiot once said tldr
Image(i'm the player drivin the truck)