The Big Scheduling Topic

This is the dedicated forum for the A-team in RTSL's season 22.
Mirez

Re: The Big Scheduling Topic

Unread post by Mirez » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Okay I've received a replay from the RTSL staff
We have discussed the matter and determined that it was not an abuse of excessive walling. The excessive walling clause in the rules is rather poorly worded, as it is primarily intended to apply to the usage of wall chinks.

As far as the caravan blockade, we do not consider it an abusive tactic. Unit on unit blocking is a fundamental part of the game (albeit frustrating at times), whether it be surrounding enemy troops, trapping a fat atlantean villager, or blocking a titan on its merry march to an enemy titan gate. In the PK x mG match, mG actually had more population in the blockade (approximately sixty caravans and villagers) than PK had trying to get through (50 pop in colossus). There is a vast difference in caravan blocking than in wall chink spam - just compare the price, the pop space, and the HP.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
I'd say we just abuse this shit out of this to show why it should be banned.

Jollyman

Unread post by Jollyman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 am

fast wonder strats and lame is somewhat my specialty.
It’s so easy to let go
When you’ve got nothing to lose
But you gave us everything
Now you’re gone
(Now you’re gone)

It’s not easy to let go
You were the strength in everyone
And lights exploded in the sky
As you sparkled and faded away

And I will wait a lifetime
To see you smile again
And maybe on the otherside
We will reconnect
Did you know you were loved?
I should’ve let you know

Mirez

Unread post by Mirez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:18 pm

My reply
If 14 colossi + some heliopoli etc. cannot even reach the wonder because of caravan block what is supposed to kill the wonder? How can you not label it as an abuse when it's clearly using something for which it isn't intended. In the same way wallparts aren't intended to be used that way.
Far to many games consists out of wonder wins as it is now, there's no need for the RTSL staff to stimulate it any further.
His reply
Try to be objective – there's no point in over-exaggerating unit numbers in an attempt to convince me of your view. Not every unit out of the underworld was blocked by the caravan wall. It was really only 10 (give or take) collossus that survived the buildings/mummies long enough to be blocked by the 60~ caravan/villager wall. (50 pop vs 60)

Also, a rough estimate of the complete attacking pop vs defending pop (at one time, not cumulative, cause that's way too hard to count) was approximately 150 population for PK, and 190 population for mG. That's counting the civilian units too, whether it be defensive villagers building towers, defensive villagers standing around the wonder, caravans blocking collossus, or offensive villagers forward building.

I find it hard to consider mG's tactics as being abusive, when mG had the higher population count in the battle.

PK didn't lose due to abuse, PK lost due to poor late-game decision-making. Themista spent a couple minutes preparing for a pointless underworld, when he could have simply forwarded above teal's base – a location which was only two~ screen lengths further away from the wonder than the underworld was. Even a basic assault through teal would have won the game. Essentially, PK employed one of the few late-game strategies that could have resulted in a loss.

“Far to many games consists out of wonder wins as it is now”

I may be a bit low (I didn't check each game), but I'm pretty sure there's only been about 5-6 wonder wins this season. So 6~ out of 56 games. But maybe that's still itoo many wonder wins for you (seems ok to me).

(also, as a footnote, I want to point out that this reply is an attempt to explain the thinking behind my opinion – it is not intended to be an 'official' rtsl statement)

I'd say wonder win every game.

Jollyman

Unread post by Jollyman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 am

Dam haha

When is our next game?
It’s so easy to let go
When you’ve got nothing to lose
But you gave us everything
Now you’re gone
(Now you’re gone)

It’s not easy to let go