UPDATE: Quarterfinals/Semifinals Update (Jan. 2, 2013)

Please check here for the most recent announcements and the most updated general information.
Clown
Staff
Staff

UPDATE: Quarterfinals/Semifinals Update (Jan. 2, 2013)

Unread postby Clown » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 am

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to be involved in the PK AoT Tournament II. We have now reached the semifinals!

1. Semifinals, Match 1

I am again disappointed in various individuals who failed to communicate and schedule their games even though I went out of my way to outline my expectations. I initially planned to disqualify [mG_]Rangers, biidOw, [B2K_]Nerdology, and [ZaP_]ZaP_Loki. At this time, I am going to confirm biidow's disqualification and give Rangers a bye to the quarterfinals. I am going to give Nerdology and Loki a 48-hour ultimatum (midnight GMT-8, January 4th) to demonstrate that they are willing to complete their round-of-16 match and/or will be able to complete their quarterfinal match against Rangers in a timely manner.

Concerning the quarterfinal match between Armycore and Jollyman, I have extended the deadline to January 9, 2013 for that particular match.

Therefore, the status of Semifinals, Match 1: TBD vs. TBD is pending.

2. Semifinals, Match 2

However, it is in direct contrast to the tardiness of the top half of the bracket that we consider Semifinals, Match 2: Highlander_ vs. [ArF_]Adhafang. This match can proceed. I am going to set a deadline of January 10, 2013 for this particular match.

3. Recapping the basics

Please remember:

i. All remaining matches are best-of-5.

ii. I am expecting every single remaining registrant to reply to the scheduling topic pertaining to their best-of-5 match within 48 hours with the following information:

a) Their time zone
b) Their times of typical availability in the foreseeable future up until the deadline of December 31
c) The times in which they can confirm total unavailability - i.e., if you have family functions around Christmas, please make that clear
d) A method of communication in case an emergency occurs - i.e., a natural disaster or a computer breakdown; i.e., would you be able to find a way to indicate your inability to complete a match because of a computer breakdown by going to a library computer somewhere?

iii. If someone promises to be online at a certain point in time and they do not make it, please provide screenshots, PMs, or chat logs proving that the person was a no-show. Proving that you booked a time and the other person did not show up would be helpful in determining administrative victories.

iv. All matches must be posted on the PK website in the right place.

v. Most importantly, it is your job to communicate!

Sincerely,
Clown

Clown
Staff
Staff

Re: UPDATE: Quarterfinals/Semifinals Update (Jan. 2, 2013)

Unread postby Clown » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 am

Loki and Nerdology have failed to communicate with me within the last 48 hours. Therefore, they are both permanently disqualified. Rangers will get a bye past the quarterfinals and will play the winner of Armycore/Jollyman in the semifinals.

wearegood

Unread postby wearegood » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:57 am

Great job CLown!

wEaReGoOd

Clown
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Clown » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm

I want to confirm that I am giving admin wins to Jollyman in this case because Armycore has gone completely AWOL.

As such, the semi-finals may commence, and I am going to extend both matches to January 17, 2013.