PLEASE READ: Scheduling Deadline = Dec. 17

Please schedule your round-of-16 matches here.
Clown
Staff
Staff

PLEASE READ: Scheduling Deadline = Dec. 17

Unread postby Clown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 am

Hello everyone,

The quality of the group stage was diminished because of a lot of mis-communication on the part of the tournament's participants. As such, I want to make sure everyone is clear on several things.

1. The deadline for the round-of-16 is December 17, 2012. Let me repeat that. The deadline for the round-of-16 is December 17, 2012.

2. I am expecting every single remaining registrant to reply to the scheduling topic pertaining to their match within 48 hours with the following information:

a) Their time zone
b) Their times of typical availability in the foreseeable future up until the deadline of December 17
c) The times in which they can confirm total unavailability - i.e., if you have a university exam on the 16th and need to study for it on the 13th-15th, please indicate that you cannot play on those days.
d) A method of communication in case an emergency occurs - i.e., a natural disaster or a computer breakdown; i.e., would you be able to find a way to indicate your inability to complete a match because of a computer breakdown by going to a library computer somewhere?

3. If someone promises to be online at a certain point in time and they do not make it, please provide screenshots, PMs, or chat logs proving that the person was a no-show. Proving that you booked a time and the other person did not show up would be helpful in determining administrative victories at the deadline.

4. All completed matches and the recorded games of those matches absolutely, positively must be posted in the proper recorded game forum at this link and with the proper mandatory format articulated in this topic. This is no longer optional. I expect the opening post of a recorded game to be perfectly clear.

5. To maintain the smoothness of this tournament, I must be more strict with regard to deadlines and the recorded game format. As such, I expect the 16 remaining tournament registrants to reply to this topic before I will count their matches as being completed. This will indicate that they are aware of these factors and intend to act accordingly.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter and participation in the tournament. Enjoy your games and have fun!

Sincerely,
Clown

hellsravage

Re: PLEASE READ: Scheduling Deadline = Dec. 17

Unread postby hellsravage » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 am

Isnt 3 weeks for 1 match a little long? I think if you extend the tournament too long it will diminish interest

Clown
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Clown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:19 am

I am attempting to correlate the deadlines in the context of me working full-time. Hopefully, this round is done in a week and we can forget the deadline.

At any rate, Hells, are the rules here clear concerning the scheduling and posting of recorded games?

Chicks
Network Admin

Unread postby Chicks » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:29 am

hellsravage wrote:Isnt 3 weeks for 1 match a little long? I think if you extend the tournament too long it will diminish interest
This is the most important aspect of any tournament ever hosted. The best tournaments in history only lasted 72 hours no longer.

Clown
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Clown » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:49 am

I am trying to do the best I can with I have. As such, what do I have? A pool of 32 players of whom 1 in 3 people were unable to complete a single best-of-3 match within 2 1/2 weeks. I don't want to hear about 72 hour tournaments when it's not my fault that the community at large can't be bothered to complete ONE match in 2 1/2 weeks. Now, if you guys think you can pull off a 32-player bracket in a single weekend, be my guest.

hellsravage

Unread postby hellsravage » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:34 am

The people who are left are the ones who bothered to schedule/play their matches for the most part. So that shouldn't be a problem anymore. 1 week per match is fair IMO

Clown
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Clown » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:01 am

Hells, I can definitely shorten the deadlines in the remaining rounds if the round-of-16 finishes quickly enough. If we can see a round get completed per week, that would be excellent. At the same time, my faith in our registrants is poor.

hellsravage

Unread postby hellsravage » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:27 pm

I understand. But realize that by giving a loose deadline, you are giving people the license to be lazy as well. If you make it a 1 week per round system, it is fresh in people's minds and those who do complete their matches aren't waiting 2 weeks for others to finish ;)

Clown
Staff
Staff

Unread postby Clown » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

That's quite a catch 22. I don't want to make the deadline long because people won't be motivated to finish matches quickly. I don't want want to make the deadline short because people may not finish matches not on time. Wow...